Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Portugal Picts #3

Ok - so I'm trying new things - sorry.  Trying to see which one looks better.  Bare with me.



So, if you remember from one of my first posts - I had to go to the doctor, which I was trying to avoid at all costs.  But, here you go - this is what I walked up to - and about died.














And, this is the reception desk - where the lady stood behind the counter and wrote my name and address down and collected my $ before being seen.  The actual doctors office was just before the desk, to the left.  I wasn't bold enough to take a picture of the actual office - that will just have to be a "lovely" memory for me.
















Inside the caves at Grutas de Mira de Aire.  This whole tour was amazing.  I'm claustrophobic, but this cave was so huge that I felt like I was in a whole other world.










These are our friends:  Fatocha, Luis, & their son Tomas - inside the cave.  Fatocha has "saved" us on many occassions since we've been here.  Good friends!!











This was the end of the cave tour.  It was very beautiful.













This was a water park outside the cave exit.  I would venture to guess they don't get many visitors.  Would you swim in that?!!

No comments:

Post a Comment