Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Picts of Portugal - #1











Well, it's finally happening!!!  You'll finally get to "see" some of our adventures.  I've taken about 600 pictures, but you won't have to suffer through all of them.  I've narrowed it down to about 550.  Just kidding.  We never did get fast interenet and we are still using the dumb "pen" things.  But, we do have an unlimited plan.  So, it won't cost me a zillion dollars to upload stuff.  So, I hope you enjoy them.  I'll try to give you a brief explanation of each one.  But, basically if you've followed my blog so far, I've written about them in the past, but now you'll get to see what I was talking about.  I'm also starting from the beginning.  So, these pictures are from the very beginning of our trip, in the first home we stayed in, in Ponte do Abode. 

The town was small and quaint, we had a family owned market across the street (which is where the eggs came from - fresh from the chicken, obviously - feathers & poop), the kitchen was just barely big enough to fit us, it was known as the "doll house" by our friend.  We had fresh bread EVERY morning (Devan loved the massive roll Rick had bought - and the "pac-man" "piranha" bread was kinda cool).  The back deck is where Rick spent a majority of his time, enjoying the view & working tediously to find us a home to live in.  The picture of Tanner is the "staircase" that Kaylie had fallen down.  It led to the finished attic where the boys slept and we used as our family "game" area.  I fell in love with the older stone homes in the neighboring areas - we pulled over to take a picture and this family thought we were crazy.  These are very typical, older generation, Portuguese.  On our "tour" of our neighborhood, by Carla (the market owners daughter), we met a woodcarver (who gave me those keys he's holding), and an artist/sculptor.  I loved that his front yard was his workshop.  He had some pretty cool stuff.  In his backyard he had many dogs, chickens, ducks, etc.  Tanner's holding one of the chicken's that will eventually be his dinner (we didn't tell Tanner that).

Ok - I know that was long - I'll try to shorten it up a bit next time.  More picts to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment