Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Picts of Portugal #4

In the next set of pictures, we had moved to our second home.  This was by the beach.  Tanner & I were constantly sick.  Poor Tanner was sleeping on a mattress, on the floor, in Devan's room.  The house was covered in mold.  I had some great pictures of that, but they are no where to be found.  Oh well.  The beach is a good memory, the house is a bad one.



This is the condo we rented for just over a month.  I didn't know that they had modern stuff like this - until we found this complex.  This is the car we rented for WAY TOO LONG!!  It cost us a fortune.











This is how we dried our clothes.  When it was raining outside, the clothes came in.  When it was sunny, you fold it up and carry it out.  But, we also had clothes hanging on coat hangers in doorways, jeans hanging over dining room chairs, and towels hanging over the stair railing. 










Some of the paint peeling, due to the mold.  But, this doesn't really do it justice.  We had black, spotty mold on most of the ceilings and corners of the rooms. Too bad I can't find the pictures. 














The balcony had flooded right into Kaylie's bedroom.  If she hadn't have gone upstairs we would have had water pooring down the staircase to the family room within minutes.










The fishermen getting ready to launch their boats and cast their nets - a daily routine.














The leftovers in the fishermen's nets - thousands of crabs and trash.  The seagulls have a feast.












It was freezing at the beach - Rick and Kaylie went and played in the water (crazy) and I stole Rick's sweatshirt for my legs.  I know - extremely attractive.

















I've noticed myself thinking "well, I'll never see these people again, probably" way too many times.
















The boys "catch of the day" - mussels.  We boiled them, dipped them in butter, and slopped 'em down.  Very yummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment