Friday, October 22, 2010

October 22, 2010 - Part 2

Ok - So our friend, Fatocha, who has helped us with EVERYTHING just called Rick's cell.  She told him to get on Skype because there were 2 police officers at her house inquiring about us.  So Rick gets on Skype with them.  Turns out that they were from the immigration office.  They had been notified that we were in the country illegally.  Funny - we're illegal aliens!!!  Rick goes through some questioning, explaining that we are in the process of getting our visa's (which was supposed to have been done BEFORE we came) and that we have family back home that will mail the papers to the office in San Francisco and then mail it to us here when it's all taken care of.  Hopefully that will appease them for now - otherwise you might be seeing us sooner than was expected.  hmmm - how do I feel about that?  more to come...

3 comments:

  1. The Maingots as illegals? That is kinda funny. I almost hope that you get kicked out of the country. At least then we would get to see you sooner!! Of course I'm kidding. If you came home now you would always wonder what would have happened if you would have stayed. Good luck with finding a permanent home. I think once that happens your spirits will be lifted.

    Keep your chin up!!!
    -Marisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. All I can say is wow! You guys are troopers! I think I would've thrown in the towel by now. Maybe since nothing is working out easily it's not meant for you to be there? Just a thought. I really didn't enjoy staying in your house without you there. A little too quiet. I think it's time to come home. JK, sort of. Miss you. I just signed up for skype so call me when you can. And you're a good blogger! I enjoy reading your posts! Tell everyone hi for me.
    Love you,
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Denise,
    Can I give you a hug?? I don't know to pray for you to come home or to stay. I know that whatever should happen will happen. Wow, illegals, if only our country worked so fast! Glad to hear Devan has stayed healthy and that the rest of you are kind of on the mend. How are the kids adjusting? All is well here still plugging along, had a wonderful sacrament meeting yesterday, the Young Women spoke and sang, what a wonderful bunch of girls we have, the spirit was really strong. What is church like there, are there classes for the kids? I love you all and hope for the best. It's good that you are talking, that's a healthy thing to do. Keep posting.
    Love you,
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete