Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Pictures of Portugal #15

 Thought I'd continue to share some pictures of my favorite things here.



The water in the lake has risen so much that we lost all of our beach area.  Hopefully soon they'll let some water out at the dam and the beach will be back.





Kaylie's holding Beethoven, who hates to go for rides, and Amber's in front - she loves the water and the boat.










Believe it or not - this is a mail man on the motorcycle.  Cool way to deliver mail, if you ask me.













I'm still wondering if this cemetary was "haunted" - we actually saw the witch!!













Interesting grave site - creepy!!



















Tanner, in amongst the graves.











This is the chapel at the cemetary.  It needs a good bleaching job!!  That green stuff on the walls is mold.











Castelo de Almourol - We have not been there, yet.  It is on an island about 15 minutes from our home.  They will soon have a man working that will take you from the shoreline across to the island by boat.  We plan on doing this soon.












This is where you "catch the boat" to go across to the island.











I just love the towns on the hillsides.  So pretty.





I pass this field every day when I take Tanner to school.  I love it - it's green and beautiful and full of olive trees.














This is in our neighborhood.  The natural landscape is just my style.  I love it!!













View of a cool city from the freeway.














Tanner's favorite field of goats.  We pass them on the way home from school each day.  They get moved from field to field to clear out the weeds and grass between each of the grape vines.  Getting ready for the season.












Pretty cool brilliant green spider.













Cool camouflage this spider has.  This is out where I hang my laundry - the cobblestone where I stand - I'm keeping my shoes on from now on.











This is the view of the Castle in Panela, from the highway.  Pretty cool - they do a medievel play on the castle walls every year.












Making room for the new - down comes an aquaduct wall, up goes a freeway.  Kinda sad.













I don't know if you can see this in the picture - but, this weird goat had this huge field to hang out in.  And he chose to sit himself right next to a shrub that was poking him in the face.  Tanner and I thought that was pretty funny.










Really pretty entrance to someone's estate.  This is a very popular photo - it's on postcards and in tour books, etc.  This town is about 25 minutes from our home.












This will be beautiful when the tree's are covered with leaves - I can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment