Sunday, March 27, 2011

Kaylie/Devan/Denise Birthdays & Valentines Day

So, I think our birthdays in Portugal will be ones that we will always remember.  Not because they were great, not because they were terrible.  But, just because they were simple.  No big present, no awesomely decorated birthday cake, no big party.  Just home together as a family.  Kaylie turned 14 on January 16th; Devan turned 16 on January 21st; and me? well, I turned 41 (ouch) on February 13th.  So, I thought I'd post just a couple of pictures of our birthdays and Valentines Day.


The day before Kaylie's birthday she and I went shopping to our nearest mall.  We had a great time, bought a few new things, and spent almost all my cash (since the store only accepted cash or debit card).  We had a few Euros in coins left so we hit McDonald's on the way home.  We colored her hair red (which is what she wanted to do for her birthday - shop & dye her hair), then we went to dinner as a family.  The next day (Sunday) was her actual birthday so we had the missionaries over for dinner to help us celebrate.  Yummy cookie pie for dessert!!




This is the only proof that I have that Devan had a birthday while in Portugal.  He was content with staying home and hanging out.  We ate extremely fattening foods all day (by Devan's request):  Pancakes for breakfast;  fried & breaded shrimp & other seafood, & corn for dinner; and Oreo cookie pie for dessert.  Watched Harry Potter 6 for his birthday "party".








My B-Day!!  All the "goods" I got from home!! 
Aren't I lucky?  Such pretty things.












Thought I'd throw a couple of pictures of myself in since it was my birthday.











My YUMMY birthday cake.  Mmmm...  might have to buy me another one before we head back to the states.  Cake, cream puffs, whip cream, and chocolate.  Now that I've seen a picture of it I WANT ANOTHER ONE, NOW!!!











Sweet Kaylie made a Valentines day brownie!! 















My birthday present from Rick and the kids.  A nice, cuddly soft, WARM robe.  Oh my goodness - Rick picked just the perfect thing for a cold blooded woman with circulation problems in her hands and feet.  It's been heavenly.










Because it takes sooooo long to put pictures up on my blog, I've run out of time to tell you my awesome Valentines day story.  So, I'll save that for tomorrow.  Just know that this past Valentines Day was the most romantic one ever!!

No comments:

Post a Comment